Happy Saturday! I don't often post patterns on the weekend, but I was just too excited about this one and I couldn't wait...
Why am I so excited about this one?
- I love the C2C stitch and I especially love how it looks with Bernat Maker Home Dec yarn. The texture is so defined and beautiful.
- It is my newest Instructables project-which means you can find detailed step-by-step photos here.
- It is modern, functional, AND washable. I am super excited about the possibility of making more rugs. I feel like I always want more, but they are oddly expensive!
- The no-sew, non-skid backing works better than I could have ever imagined and I DIDN'T HAVE TO WEAVE IN MY ENDS!!!
- Bernat Maker Home Dec Yarn: I used *just* over 2 skein of Aqua and about half a skein of Cream. If you don't want to purchase 3 skeins of Aqua you could eliminate the SC edging in Aqua and use 'Cream' instead.
- 6.0mm crochet hook (I love Clover Amour hooks)
- Yarn Needle
Optional Supplies for adding the non-skid backing (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Sl st: slip stitch
- Ch: chain
- SC: single crochet
- HDC: half-double crochet
- DC: double crochet
Approx. 21" X 31"
- You could make this a smaller rug/use less yarn by using the HDC C2C stitch instead
- If you would like to see detailed photos of each step-check out my Instructables post here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Fallen-Arrows-Rug/
Visit my Instructable for details on how to follow a pixel graph for a C2C project.
C2C stitch: I used a ch 2 and 3 DC per pixel.
Edging: When you crochet your final row (1 pixel), ch 1, SC around the edge of your piece with the color Aqua. Work 5 SC stitches per 2 pixels. SC, ch 1, SC in each corner.
When you finish the SC around, join to the first SC with a sl st. Switch to color 'Cream'. Ch 1, HDC around working a HDC, ch 1, HDC into each corner space of the previous round.
Tie off yarn and weave in the ends of yarn. If you plan to add the optional non-skid backing you DO NOT need to weave in all your ends. Just those that would not be covered by the backing.
Click here for instructions to add the non-skid, no-sew backing - if you opt not to add this remember to weave in all the ends.
This rug is the perfect size to use at a doorway, in a bathroom or in your kitchen! It is comfy to stand on, so I currently have mine in front of my stove :)
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting free patterns and yarn deals from Left in Knots!