It's the Seven Days of Scarfie - Day #3! Today I'm giving you a scarf pattern but with a modern twist. My other two "Mod Scarf" patterns (Snow Drops and Autumn Chill) have been some of my most popular patterns lately-so I had to try one in Scarfie yarn as well. And guess what?? It works great!
Make sure you see all of my Seven Days of Scarfie patterns by following me on Facebook or Instagram. If you are just joining me in Seven Days of Scarfie, get more details and the first free patterns here:
The more I work with it, the more I realize how much fun Scarfie is to work with! The wool content in this yarn makes it lofty and squishy and oh so warm and comfy. See all those puff stitches in the scarf? They are all like tiny little pillows just waiting to hug your neck :)
***From 1/23/17 to 1/30/17 I have a giveaway to win the yarn and hook to make this pattern. Click here for details on how to enter!***
- Lion Brand Scarfie Yarn - one COMPLETE skein for the scarf. I had to borrow from a second skein for the tassels. - Available at Amazon, Michaels and Joanns
- I/5.5 mm crochet hook (I used Clover Amour)
- Yarn needle
- Scissors (I always keep these travel scissors in my hook case)
- Tassel Maker or Pom Pom Maker (optional)
- Ch: chain
- HDC: half-double crochet
- HDC2tog: half-double crochet two together
- Puff: (Yarn over hook and pull up a loop) repeat 5 times in the next stitch. You will have 11 loops on your hook. Yarn over and pull through all 11 loops.
11 sts x 8 rows in HDC = 4" square
- Length = approx. 52" without tassels
- Width (at widest point) = approx. 13"
- The chain stitches at the beginning of each row do not count as a stitch.
- The increases and decreases in this pattern should always occur on the same side of the pattern
- The scarf itself took one whole skein of Scarfie yarn! I had to borrow from another skein for the tassels.
Row 1: HDC in second ch from the hook and HDC across (2) . Turn
Row 2: Ch 1, 2 HDC, HDC (3). Turn
Row 3: Ch 1, HDC, Puff, HDC. (1 puff) Turn
Row 4: Ch 1, 2 HDC, HDC across (4). Turn
Row 5: Ch 1, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (5). Turn
Row 6: Ch 1, HDC, *Puff, HDC, repeat from *across. (2 puffs). Turn
Row 7: Ch 1, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (6). Turn
Row 8: Ch 1, 2 HDC, HDC across (7). Turn
Row 9: Ch 1, HDC *Puff, HDC, repeat from * across. (3 puffs) Turn
Row 10-50: Repeat rows 4-9 respectively. Row 50 will be a repeat of Row 8 and will be 35 HDC across.
Row 51: Ch 1, HDC across (35) Turn
Row 52: Ch 1, 2 HDC, HDC across (36). Turn
Row 53: Ch 1, HDC across (36). Turn
Row 54: Ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC across (35). Turn
Row 55: Ch 1, HDC across (35). Turn
Row 56: Ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC across (34). Turn
Row 57: Ch 1, HDC across, HDC2Tog in the last two sts (33). Turn
Row 58: Ch 1, HDC, *Puff, HDC, repeat from * across (16 puffs). Turn
Row 59: Ch 1, HDC across, HDC2Tog in the last two sts (32). Turn
Row 60: Ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC across (31). Turn
Row 61: Ch 1, HDC, *Puff, HDC, repeat from * across (15 puffs). Turn
Rows 62-103: Repeat Rows 56-61 respectively, Row 103 will be a "Puff" row with 1 puff.
Row 104: Ch 1, HDC across (3) Turn
Row 105: Ch 1, HDC, HDC2Tog (2) Cut and tie off yarn, weave in ends. Add tassels or pom poms for embellishment if desired.
Whew! 3 days down and 5 to go! I hope you are enjoying Seven Days of Scarfie with me! Feel free to share your photos to my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with @leftinknots. I LOVE seeing your projects :)
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting free patterns and yarn deals from Left in Knots!