The first day of fall was officially yesterday, so I thought I would bring you one more Autumn Chill pattern to celebrate! The Autumn Chill Angled Super Scarf
This, like my Autumn Chill Scarf, is made with Caron Cakes yarn. But this time I used the lovely neutrals of the Cookies and Cream colorway. This yarn is warm and drapes beautifully which makes it perfect for a super scarf or wrap!
You could certainly make this pattern as a basic rectangular shape, but I think the angled edges give it a little something extra without being complicated. Time to get warm things on your crochet hook, winter is coming! Follow me on Facebook or Instagram for sneak peeks of future free patterns!
- St: stitch
- Ch: Chain
- HDC: Half double crochet
- DC: Double crochet
- HDC2Tog: Half double crochet two together
- Bobble: *YO, insert hook into st, YO, pull through st, YO, pull through two loops, repeat from * 4 times always inserting hook into the same st (you will end up with 5 loops on your hook). YO, pull through all 5 loops.
- DCX: Double crochet X-stitch- YO, skip one stitch and insert hook into the next st. YO, pull through st, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through 2 loops. YO, insert hook into the previously skipped stitch, YO, pull through st, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through 2 loops.
4” square = 15 sts x 9 rows of HDC
- Ch stitches at the beginning of Ch 2 rows do not count as a stitch
- Ch stitches at the beginning of Ch 3 rows DO count as a stitch
- Gauge isn’t particularly important for this pattern. The finished product is about 6 feet long
Row 1: Start in third ch from the hook and HDC across (208)
Row 2: Ch 2, DCX across (104 DCX)
Row 3: Ch 2, 2 HDC, HDC in 205, HDC2Tog (208)
Row 4: Ch 2, HDC2Tog, HDC in 205, 2 HDC (208)
Row 5: Ch 3 (this counts as one stitch in your bobble), *bobble, ch 1, skip 1, repeat from * across, when you get to the last stitch DC instead of ch 1. (104 bobbles)
Row 6: Ch 2, HDC2Tog, HDC in 205, 2 HDC (208)
Row 7: Ch 2, 2 HDC, HDC in 205, HDC2Tog (208)
Rows 8-31: Repeat Rows 2-7 four more times respectively
Row 32: Ch 2, DCX across (104 HDX)
Row 33: Ch 2, HDC across (208)
Tie off and weave in ends.
Keep warm with more scarves, wraps and shawls:
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting free patterns and yarn deals from Left in Knots!