The holidays are still just over a month away, but if you are making handmade gifts like I am you know that crunch time has already started! DIY gifts take time and love, and sometimes it can be hard to fit it all in. So today I am bringing you a roundup of 15 free crochet patterns that take just one skein of yarn or less! That means you can have them done in a flash and with time to spare ;)
I am a HUGE fan of one skein patterns, and for so many different reasons. They travel easily (think holiday road trips), are typically inexpensive, work up quickly and you can still make fabulous and unique gifts for each person on your list! In just about a week I will be releasing SEVEN more free patterns with my second year of "Seven Days of Scarfie". You can find my original Seven Days of Scarfie patterns from 2016 if you need some more quick gift ideas (in fact MANY of my free patterns are one skein projects). In the mean time, here are some other awesome free patterns from other designers as well that I think you will enjoy :)
1. Sprinkles Cowl from Left in Knots: This pattern requires just one cake of Caron Sprinkle Cakes! It is a super bulky yarn so this one works up FAST and has a video tutorial to get you started.
2. Primrose and Proper Slouch Hat by Kirsten Holloway Designs: This pattern is perfect for a beginner comfortable trying some new stitches. This beautifully textured hat calls for 150-175 yards of basic worsted weight yarn. It is written for an adult size, but she also includes tips in the notes on how to adjust the size if you'd like to.
3. Winterberry Warm-up Cowl by Beatrice Ryan Designs: This pattern uses just one cake of Caron Cakes yarn and has a simple two row repeat! You'll be able to finish this one up in no time!
4. Aveline Reversible Crochet Scarf by A Crocheted Simplicity: This is a pattern after my own heart! It is an asymmetrical triangle scarf made out of Scarfie yarn and it's just gorgeous! A lot of photos are included in this free crochet pattern to help you out.
5. Wildwood Chunky Crochet Beanie by The Unraveled Mitten: A simple stitch, super bulky yarn and a large crochet hook are all you will need to whip this cozy hat in no time!
6. Basic Chunky Beanie Crochet Pattern by Maria's Blue Crayon: Another bulky yarn beanie that will work up so quickly! This one is nice and basic and could be personalized in a lot of different ways.
7. Mountain Land Scarf by Elk Studio Hand Crafted Crochet Designs: Oh my! I've been wanting to try this Loops and Threads Barcelona yarn ever since it was released this year and after seeing this beautiful scarf I want to try it even more. This scarf uses beginner friendly stitches to create a slightly lacy, but very warm and cozy piece.
8. Celtic Winters Cowl by Left in Knots: This pattern was one of my most popular from my 2016 Seven Days of Scarfie. The Celtic Weave stitch looks complicated, but once you get it down it's really quite simple and the result is stunning! There is a video tutorial to help you with the stitch as well.
9. Ribbed Fingerless Mitts by Stitches 'n Scraps: You will need just 125-150 yards of worsted weight yarn to make these beginner friendly fingerless mitts!
10. Big Kids Happy Feet Slippers by Snappy Tots: Most of the patterns I listed so far are sized for adults, but don't forget the kiddos! These bulky yarn slippers take just one skein of yarn and instructions are included for kids (U.S.) sizes 12.5 - 7.
11. Walking in the Sand Scarf by Underground Crafter : This one skein Scarfie pattern creates an interesting texture with the pebble stitch! And it is a perfect unisex gift for ANYONE on your list.
12. Winter's Cerise Crochet Fingerless Gloves by Crochet For You: These fingerless gloves will be perfect for keeping hands warm without losing the ability to use your phone ;) And they take just one skein of worsted weight yarn!
13. Easy Front Post Cowl by Posh Pooch Designs: This cowl is simple and still incorporates a great texture! A great free pattern if you want to practice your post stitches.
14. Warm Wool-ish Mittens by Left in Knots: If you live in a cold climate, EVERYONE on your gift list could use an extra pair of mittens! These mittens, made with Lion Brand Scarfie, will keep your fingers toasty warm.
15. Chevron Clutch Purse by Nicki's Homemade Crafts: Or perhaps you don't live where it gets cold, but you still want to make some fast gifts for the holidays? Try this Chevron Clutch Purse! This would be cute for women or even little kids as well.
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting free patterns and yarn deals from Left in Knots!