Stuck in a granny square rut? I am always in need of some new and modern baby blanket inspiration! So today I have rounded up 10 FREE crochet patterns for modern, striped baby blankets for you.Read More
Phew! 2016 has been a big year for me! And I want to take a moment to thank each and every one of your for making my blog possible :)
Because of you, I have published 54 free patterns. I started blogging in March-so I feel pretty proud about this! The good news? I had so much fun sharing these patterns with you, making new crochet friends, and working on all the self improvement that comes along with learning and sharing a craft. The great news? I have SO MUCH more planned for 2017 :) Be sure to follow me to be the first to know about new free patterns:
That being said, here is a look at my most popular patterns from 2016, click the pattern title for access to each free pattern:
this one has been wildly popular on both Ravelry and Pinterest. A perfect project to make for yourself if you need a break from gifts or craft fair items.
2. Snow Drops Mod Scarf -
my most popular Mod Scarf pattern! I loved learning the star stitch and you will definitely see more of it in future patterns.
My Autumn Chill patterns are my personal favorites because of the awesome texture :)
4. Puffs Mod Scarf -
do you see a "Mod Scarf" trend forming??
Another Autumn Chill pattern, and my first "super scarf"
my first "popular" pattern and a personal favorite because they are so fun! Eco-friendly, simple to make and reusable :)
because it is nice to have a simple pattern as a starting point that can then be embellished.
the first project that my daughter sort of willingly modeled for me, and my first experiment with Caron Cakes yarn!
I have been wearing mine a lot lately!
10. Celtic Weave Cowl -
So soft and squishy, but also so elegant! Look for a left handed video tutorial for this stitch coming soon.
Did your favorite make the list?! Whether you have been with me from the start or just finding my blog now - I would love to hear what you want to see more of in 2017! Now is the perfect time to share as I am making my plans for the next year. Thank you all again, and I hope you have happiness, health and yarn in the coming year :)
Caron Cakes has hit the crochet world fast and hard, and patterns for this lovely new yarn are just starting to surface on the internet! Here are 8 FREE patterns that are either written for Caron Cakes yarn, or that I think would look lovely made with it :)
1. Crochet Cast Sling by Repeat Crafter Me - What little kid wouldn't be cheered up by this comfy and colorful cast sling!? Pattern written for Caron Cakes yarn.
2. Open-Air Market Scarf by Left in Knots - A light and airy scarf perfect for fall weather and fashion! Pattern written for Caron Cakes yarn
3. Amelia Poncho Sweater by Left in Knots - An adorable toddler poncho to keep your little one warm! Pattern written for Caron Cakes yarn
4. Gemstone Lace Shawl by The Lavender Chair - A bright and beautiful shawl that looks so cozy! Pattern written for Caron Cakes yarn
5. Simple Woven Cowl by The Stitchin' Mommy - A beautifully textured neutral cowl that I think would look awesome with the color block effect of Caron Cakes yarn.
6. Perfect Fall Poncho by Moogly - An adult sized poncho that is versatile, beautiful and airy. Another pattern I think would look awesome made with Caron Cakes yarn!
7. The Katie Cowl by Divine Debris - Another lovely cowl that would be perfect for Caron Cakes yarn!
8. Basket Weave Afghan Baby Blanket - I saw a photo of someone who had made a basketweave cowl out of Caron Cakes yarn and it was stunning! I think this basket weave baby blanket would be equally as stunning!
Need more cake?! Get your second helping here: