I'm sorry-I can't help myself! I can't get enough of the Autumn Chill stitch pattern OR Caron Cakes yarn. This next pattern in this collection is probably my favorite scarf so far! In fact I am wearing it as I type :)
This scarf, like the original Autumn Chill Scarf, is a trendy triangular scarf, but this one wraps differently, uses slightly less yarn, and can be embellished with pom poms or tassels :) It is warm enough to be a winter scarf and it can also be a stylish part of your outfit! I hope you enjoy this pattern as much as I do!
- St: stitch
- Ch: Chain
- HDC: Half double crochet
- DC: Double crochet
- HDC2Tog: Half double crochet two together
- Bobble: *YO, insert hook into st, YO, pull through st, YO, pull through two loops, repeat from * 4 times always inserting hook into the same st (you will end up with 5 loops on your hook). YO, pull through all 5 loops.
- DCX: Double crochet X-stitch- YO, skip one stitch and insert hook into the next st. YO, pull through st, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through 2 loops. YO, insert hook into the previously skipped stitch, YO, pull through st, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through 2 loops.
4” square = 15 sts x 9 rows of HDC
Approx. 6 feet long
- Ch stitches at the beginning of rows do not count as a stitch
- Gauge isn’t particularly important for this pattern.
Row 1: HDC in second ch from the hook, HDC across (2)
Row 2: Ch 1, 2 HDC in first st, HDC across (3)
Row 3: Ch 2, DCX, DC
Row 4: Ch 1, 2 HDC in first st, HDC across (4)
Row 5: Ch 1, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (5)
Row 6: Ch 2, DC, Bobble, DC, Bobble, DC
Row 7: Ch 1, HDC across, 2 HDC in last st (6)
Row 8: Ch 1, 2 HDC in first st, HDC across (7)
Row 9-60: Continue repeating rows 3-8, while continuing to increase your stitch count on the same side of the piece in the HDC rows. Row 60 will be a "bobble" row (41 total sts across)
*Note* All DCX rows will have DCX stitches across and end with a DC. All bobble rows will start with a DC and repeat (bobble, DC) across.
Row 61: Ch 1, HDC across, HDC2Tog in last two sts (40)
Row 62: Ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC across (39)
Row 63: Ch 2, DCX across, DC in last stitch
Row 64: Ch 1, HDC2Tog, HDC across (38)
Row 65: Ch 1, HDC across, HDC2Tog in last two sts (37)
Row 66: Ch 2, DC, *Bobble, DC, repeat from * across
Row 67-120: Continue repeating rows 61-66, while continuing to decrease your stitch count on the same side of the piece in the HDC rows. Row 120 will be a "bobble" row (3 total sts across)
Row 121: Ch 1, HDC, HDC2Tog (2)
Row 122: Ch 1, HDC across (2)
Tie off yarn and weave in ends. Make two pom poms with the Clover 2.5" pom pom maker and attach to rows 1 and 122.
Now the legal stuff...You may sell items made from this pattern, but please credit me as the original designer. Also, please do not share the written pattern in print or electronically. The photos on this webpage belong to Megan Meyer of Left in Knots and may not be used for product sales/product listings. You may share a link back to my blog if you would like someone else to see or work with this pattern. Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting free patterns and yarn deals from Left in Knots!